Horace MacNevin the man in propane explosion dies
Horace MacNevin died on June 27, 2010.
Mr. MacNevin and his wife were victims of a horrific propane explosion that destroyed their West Devon, PEI home on April 27, 2010.
Mr. MacNevin suffered numerous injuries from the explosion and never recovered. He spent more than 4 weeks in the burn unit in Halifax before being transferred back to the Prince County Hospital in Summerside, PEI.
His wife spent seven weeks in recovery in hospital as well.
The explosion was caused, according to the Fire Marshall, from a propane leak. Propane explosions are more common than officials want to admit.
Death notice from Island Deaths.
Never never never will I use propane in a home
West Devon home destroyed in propane explosion photo: Charlottetown Guardian
A propane stove exploded in the home of Horace and Pearl MacNevin, West Devon PEI.
There isn’t much left of the house. Mr. MacNevin is in the hospital with first and second degree burns. He was airlifted to Halifax.
His wife is in the Prince County Hospital with undetermined injuries.
The explosion is blamed on a malfunction in the stove or line feeding propane to the stove.
The couple are lucky to be alive.
Call me silly but that’s why I don’t use propane. If the electric stove malfunctions, it might start a fire. I’ve seen that happen. It won’t blow the walls off my home and me on top of the rubble.
For more on this story including a slide show, see the Charlottetown Guardian