By Stephen Pate – Amazon.com just dropped the price of the Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band Box Set to $117.99. That is the absolute lowest price anywhere.
Amazon.com has the best pre-order pricing and unbeatable guarantee. “Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you’ll receive the lowest price.”
The 50th Anniversary Sgt. Pepper’s will be shipping May 26th, 2017 to Beatles fans worldwide.
Usually, Amazon drops the price just before release and then it pops up afterwards. I wait for it then order. If you’ve already ordered from Amazon.com you are protected at the lowest price.
The Deluxe Box Set is a Beatles treasure trove for fans with more Beatles content to keep us happy.
- 4 Audio CDs:
- new stereo mix of the album by Giles Martin,
- Sgt. Pepper Sessions on 2 CDs with over 100 minutes of studio tracks,
- the original mono mix
- and bonus tracks never released before.
- restored 1992 documentary ‘The Making of Sgt. Pepper’, interviews with Paul, George and Ringo and fascinating in-the-studio footage introduced by George Martin.
- Restored promotional films for ‘A Day In The Life’, ‘Strawberry Fields Forever’ and ‘Penny Lane’.
- 2017 Giles Martin 5.1 surround sound mix
- and high-resolution stereo audio in 96KHz/24bit of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band plus ‘Strawberry Fields Forever’ and ‘Penny Lane’.
- 144-page hardback book
- introduction by Sir Paul McCartney,
- comprehensive song-by-song details and recording information,
- in-depth essays about the design of the cover, the album’s musical innovations and its historical context… and much more.
- Illustrations include photographs from the recording sessions, handwritten lyrics and Abbey Road documentation.
- Plus, a replica of the original card insert and two bonus posters.
Rolling Stone Magazine calls the box set a “Massive ‘Sgt. Pepper’ 50th Anniversary Reissue…((with) new deluxe editions boast previously unreleased takes from legendary recording sessions.”
The LA Times calls it “The most ambitious reissue yet of an individual album from the Beatles’ catalog is coming May 26 with an expanded and newly remixed edition of the Fab Four’s 1967 pop masterpiece, “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.”
“Consistently ranked by critics and fans among the most influential rock albums of all time, “Sgt. Pepper” is being reissued in multiple formats and editions, including new stereo and surround-sound audio mixes along with nearly three dozen previously unreleased recordings from the same sessions.”