Horace MacNevin the man in propane explosion dies

Horace MacNevinHorace MacNevin died on June 27, 2010.

Mr. MacNevin and his wife were victims of a horrific propane explosion that destroyed their West Devon, PEI home on April 27, 2010.

Mr. MacNevin suffered numerous injuries from the explosion and never recovered. He spent more than 4 weeks in the burn unit in Halifax before being transferred back to the Prince County Hospital in Summerside, PEI.

His wife spent seven weeks in recovery in hospital as well.

The explosion was caused, according to the Fire Marshall, from a propane leak.  Propane explosions are more common than officials want to admit.

Death notice from Island Deaths.